About cPGuard Lite
What is cPGuard Lite and how it differs from cPGuard complete suite
cPGuard Lite is the mini version of the cPGuard Web Security Suite and it contains basic functions to mitigate attacks and proactively block attack attempts. The modules included in cPGuard Lite are given below
- Scanner Engine:- Powered with the cPGuard automatic, scheduled, and manual scanner engine you will have the best malware scanner on your web server
- IPDB Firewall:- The IPDB Distributed Firewall is an industry-leading solution to share the knowledge of attack sources between servers and block bad traffic and attacks in the system firewall.
- IP Reputation Check:- Using the regular reputation check option, you can be aware of the email delivery difficulties and related issues.
- File Cleanup:- To avoid breaking websites, we can clean files, restore core CMS files from the original source, and helps to reduce admin efforts to keep websites up and running
cPGuard Lite does not include other modules like WAF, Captcha protection, outdated CMS alerts, suspicious process and cron job tracking, domain reputation checks, etc. If you wish to have complete protection, you may subscribe to the cPGuard Web Security Suite
How cPGuard Lite is beneficial for you
cPGuard Lite has very powerful modules to detect, alert, and block attacks against your servers. So if you are looking for a cost-effective solution to secure your server ( secure cPanel server, secure Plesk server, secure DirectAdmin server ) cPGurd Lite is the best choice…it can keep your license cost minimal and yet provide the best protection level. If you can afford the cPGuard Web Security suite, we recommend you to upgrade to it as it has much more modules to offer better attack mitigation.
How to install cPGuard Lite
Before installing, I recommend you to make sure that you have a supported OS installed on your server.
You may use the following command to install cPGuard Lite on your server. Make sure to replace LICENCE-KEY in the command with your license key
cd /usr/local/src && rm -f cpguard_lite_install.sh && curl -o cpguard_lite_install.sh -L https://downloads.opsshield.com/cpguard/cpguard_lite_install.sh && bash cpguard_lite_install.sh LICENSE-KEY
How to manage cPGuard Lite
cPGuard Lite does not bind to our App Portal and thus has to manage and maintain locally. We have an administrator-level plugin developed for cPanel, DirectAdmin, and Interworx….we will add plugins for more control panels soon. You also have the CLI to manage settings, scans, notifications, etc.
- DirectAdmin Evolution theme is only supported for UI
How to try cPGuard Lite
You may purchase a TRIAL license from our website and enjoy cPGuard Lite for 30 days without any charges. You will full features, updates, and support during the trial period.
How to uninstall cPGuard Lite
To uninstall cPGuard, you may use the following command.
cd /usr/local/src && rm -f cpguard_uninstall.sh && curl -o cpguard_uninstall.sh -L https://downloads.opsshield.com/cpguard/cpguard_uninstall.sh && bash cpguard_uninstall.sh